Strathclyde Students Win Agreement
February 5, 2009 § 46 Comments
Students at the University of Strathclyde have just scored another victory for Palestine. After an overnight occupation of the Administration building (photos here) and following a rally earlier today the University has finally agreed to the following four demands:
- The university will no longer place any further orders with Eden Springs.
- Scholarships: The university will fund 1-3 students from Gaza.
- The DEC appeal will be posted all across the University and also on the University’s website.
- The University will issue a press release reiterating Strathclyde University’s longstanding relationship with the Islamic University of Gaza.
- The University denies that it has any links with BAE systems beyond the company funding one student to the sum of £5000 in the engineering department. Whether this is true or not remains to be seen, and we shall investigate this further.
Here is a photo of the actual handwritten, signed agreement