An excellent présentation by Ken Roth of Human Rights Watch (begins at the 5:45 mark):
This discussion took place last month at Columbia University. It was based partly on our friend Danny and Nader’s fine book The Syria Dilemma:
- Ken Roth — Executive Director of Human Rights Watch & a Contributor to The Syria Dilemma
- Nader Hashemi — Director of the Center for Middle East Studies at the University of Denver & Co-Editor of The Syria Dilemma
- Michael Walzer — Professor Emeritus at the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton & author of Just and Unjust Wars
- Bassel Korkor — Adviser to the National Coalition of Syrian Revolution & Opposition Forces
- Saskia Sassen – Professor of Sociology & Co-Chair of Columbia University’s Committee on Global Thought (moderator)
Kenneth Roth of Human Rights Watch calls bullshit on Russian and Assad regime propaganda in an appearance on RT (Russia’s answer to Fox News).